HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Coyote : pics
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 AM
BrianDamage
Fork Horn

Default First Coyote : pics

a friend of mine has been talking about trouble he is having with 'yotes on his vacant land next to his mother's land. He's had no luck calling them in with a mouth call.

I got off of work a little early and decided to head over there. He had a ground blind set up on a fence row. I walked out there and set my Fx-3 out about 30 yards ahead of the blind in the grass. The fence was about 60 yards away from the blind.

I settled in and turned on some rabbit squeals. Looked at my watch,it was 3:50. No sooner did I raise my binoculars up to glass, did I see a black object come out of the trees. She tried circlling downwind of the call, and I let here have it with my Ar-15. < My first 'yote ..... Looked at my watch, it was 3:52

My friend showed up a minute later and we decided to move to his sister's land in the adjacent field for another setup.

After about 10-15 minutes of calling, we start walking out, and all of a sudden, someone shoots a rifle. It sounds like it is right next to us and I swear I heard the bullet cut leaves above our head. Then we hear the some guy on the land behind us holler " thanks for f'ing up my hunt!" ..like he has some more kind of right to be out there because he's deer hunting

I tried to talk my buddy into calling the law, but he didn't want to .... he went back the next day with his bro-in-law and bagged another 'yote, with no problems with the "neighbor".

Already took it to the taxidermist to get a full body mount done.