HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
bigiron
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mn hunters, what would u do diffrent?

We should make it a 4 point on oneside or betterrestriction. I like the Idea of moving the rifle season to the end of october. Those poor little and big bucks dont stand a chance during rut when gun seasons on. I noted little bucks first cause the big boy still have some sense not much but the little ones are just plain dumb it seems during peak (full) rut. I see alot of deer were we live so im not complaining about thatbut we have the potential to have alot of big bucks (140") plus. I my self would rather shoot a doe then a small 8 point even. Why shoot a little buck (spike, fork, 6point, small 8 point) so you can tell your buddys yeah got a big spike 6'' spikes 7'' inside spread WOW when if in just 3 years of passing the little ones up you wouldnt beleve the difference you would see in overall size. I do alot of bow hunting mostly public land and my few small potlatch leases. and see lots of good potental but always pass the little 8's up but it sucks to see the guy down the road drag them out so much for him getting bigger.2 years ago a good friend and I were hunting county land he shot a 18 pointer it was about a 135" main frame 10 point with alot of 2 inch stickers and a 3-4'' droptine we had a dnr look at it and it was only a 2.5 year old deer, for all we know it could have had spikes the year before. Im just trying to say that if you let them walk they will get big. As for the permanent deer stands crow wing county and cass county they are already outlawed cant build them cant sit in them good step imo. I like the idea of Travisvillesthe 2 shots in your gun sometimes it sounds like a war by you. I'm sure some people wont agree with me but owell keep shooting the spikes trophy hunters.