HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cayugad, whats the 100 grain limit?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:26 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Cayugad, whats the 100 grain limit?

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

All I think is that more CVA's have blown up than any brand so why take that chance? Everyone knows that they have had many barrels blow up and harm people. I have never heard of it with a TC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not. CVA has had the most blow up of any ML company.

You know the net is a wonderful thing. I know because of it that CVA even recalled all of their guns in '98 or something--for barrels blowing up. I was reading a hunting magazine from back then and saw a recall notice.
Whether what you say is true, I could not say. I do not have the facts or statistics to support such a claim.Nor would I make one without the actual data. Again, any problems that might occur are 99% of the time settled out of court with gag orders. There might very well be some brands like Thompson Center or Knight which had the same problem. The way the courts are, we'd probably never know.

Back in the 90's there was a recall on the Apollo model. The breech plugs were blowing out and coming back into the face of the shooter, as I understood. CVA at that time due to litigation was forced into Chapter 11 and sold. Black Powder Inc. (BPI) bought the company as well as some other companies like Winchester, New Frontier, and others. My understanding is, and correct me if I am wrong, they do not actually make the rifles. They assemble them and service them. The parts come from all over the world, which seems to be the modern trend these days.

What ever the make, load the rifles to the recommendations of the manufacturer, use common sense, and pay attention to what your doing. You should have a safe and rewarding experience no matter what rifle you select.