HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Digital game cameras are not trail cameras
Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
MichaelT.

Default RE: Digital game cameras are not trail cameras

I own 2 of those cameras. ( was three but one got stolen the last week of the season ) The guy at Moultrie is simply telling you something that is designed to cover up for their slow trigger mechanism. The camera can work as a trail camera, but it has to be positioned properly.

There also is the possibility that you have a defective camera. I have had to take back two brand new , straight out of the box , camerasbecause of problems. But if you get one that works, it is a decent camera, especially for the money.

I know a fair amount about these cameras, beacuse I have been using them for a few years now, and I have also dealt with the people at Moultrie a couple of times, so I know their song and dance.

Fact is, you will have to try the camera out on yourself. put it up and you walk the trail. Then just stand in front of the camera. let it take the pic. If you show up , then the camera works, and you just have to figure out how to rig it for your set up. If you dont show up in a pic, then take it back and swap it for a new one.

Also, If you are using the rechargable 6v battery, make sure it is fully charged, and you should be able to get about 3 to 4 days use , and about 250-350 pics out of it. That is typical for mine.