HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does this bother anybody?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Dan_15801

Default RE: does this bother anybody?

ORIGINAL: germain

I'm like say 50/50 on the whole deer management issue but I also like to keep an open mind.I'm trying to digest what the PGC and DCNR are telling us but what my own eyes have seen in over 30 years of hunting tells me different in some cases.Be that as it may,does it bother anybody that greenpeace is involved with forest certification?Or does it bother anybody that audabon was involved in preventing Michigan from having a dove hunting season?These two groups are behind the scenes in deer management on DCNR lands.
I agree with the 50/50... But I must say I am still seeing some deer and lots of signs of deer all over state game land that I hunt... I hunt both private and state lands... I hunt private during the rifle season and both during archery... I hunt state game lands during late season with flintlock... I seen one buck lastweek at about 150+yrds away on state game lands... He was a bruiser from what I seen of him... He is hitting my mock scrape when I am not there... Anyway... I am not seeing the bucks as I use to in the years before the AR came into play... Does it matter if the PGC folds??? I will have to say if they don't get turned around and get rid of the bonus tags and drop the AR program,,, I will not see no differnce of who are controlling the wildlife management in Pa... Be it DCNR or the PGC... This is the way it is heading I believe... I believe the DCNR will drop the Ar program and I would be more with them on that...