HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does this bother anybody?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does this bother anybody?

The PGC is in charge of managing all wildlife and they have the professionals out in the field that know how to do it..The average hunter wouldn't know the differance between good habitat anmd poor habitat so they should have very little impact on the process.This past year,another disgruntled hunter on huntingnetwas trying to say the habitat was good around here because the deer had plenty of mushrooms and ferns to eat.I'll certainly take that guy's word for it over the professionals.

These anti-hunting organizations that you speak of wanted more deer to be killed so how can you call them ant-hunting?

So you expect guys to get their wages cut because they haven't recieved a lisence increase in over 9 years.Do your wages get cut as the cost of living increases?

Crazyhorse,How is forest certification a priority concern with the PGC?The game lands are not certified.Anyone with more than two working brain cells looks at that lawsuit as ridiculous.Contrary to the USP's belief's,the timber industry is not upset that the deer are pawing the trees with their hooves.There is no evidence that mountain lions are having a huge impact on the deer herd in 2G.It's totaly wrong that oak can't grow out of the reach of deerwith a soil ph between 4-5.the herd is still huntable in the state forests of 2G.I harvest multiple deer in these state forersts every year.The USP's lawsuit is a joke and it's made that organization even more of a laughing stock.Deer pawing up trees.Give me a freakin break.

I would hardly say that those legislatures are in touch with reality.I had the pleasure of hearing them at their save the deer/save our jobs because we voted ourseves a pay raise hearing.Stabackwas unaware of the highly publicized doe mortality study in the Sproul.Beinga concerned legislator on the house game and fisheries committee,you would have thought he'd be better informed.They stacked their house with a bunch of disgruntled speakers,and wouldn't let anyone with an oppsing view speak.They've all been invited to see proof of how the deer damaged the habitat but they all declined.Yeah,they really know what's going on.