HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Letting Young Kids Kill Deer: Is It Right?
Old 01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
brt

Default RE: Letting Young Kids Kill Deer: Is It Right?

IF u dont take kids hunting before they get to old they will not have interest in the sport of hunting deer,rabbit,quail,turkey etc and the the activist who want to gun control are one step closer to getting what they want. This means the end of all types of hunting and gun ownership. Its our right to enjoy the outdoors. Just because u take a kid hunting doesnt mean he/she has to shoot its all part of the learning process. My son sat in a deer blind at 2years old not to actually hunt but observe game and their habits. He is now 12 and after all the years of watching deer is a very responsible hunter and
this year decided he was ready to harvest his first deer which turned out to be a very nice 11pt buck of which he is very proud of. He is a safe/responsible/ethical hunter and there is a difference. And yes I did a shoulder mount for him something i never had done for me because
I learn everything about deer hunting as and adult from my father in law now deceased but will pass on the knowledge to my own children because my dad never hunted deer before.