HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Choice of Broadheads........
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Primitive Weapon
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Choice of Broadheads........

ORIGINAL: kvD9b4

Stalking bear, There are FAR better broadheads than the Rage. They are extremely fragile (one shot broadheads). They are very difficult to assemble with a minimum of 9 assembly parts per broadhead (3 blade). It is about impossible to get all 8 parts balanced for accurate shooting. I know they have some great advertising and gimmicks, but they are just that. When they work, they work great......but.

Slick Tricks have worked the best for me. I have killed a truckload of deer with them and a bunch of elk as well. Great broadheads, other than the poor edge on them, which is an easy fix.

I will have my own line of broadheads on the market in the next couple of weeks that address the weeknesses of many current broadheads on the market. How does a titanium body with four fixed blades that cut a 1.5" hole through critters sound? Oh, and they also have the accuracy of field points Flinch
All of the broadheads on the market work and can bring down deer. To say the Rager are "extremely fragile" is just false. I have shot he doe and a coyote with the same rage broadhead and arrow, both complete pass-thru's. (2 blade Rage)

Are the blades on that broadhead dull now, you betcha. Should they be, in my opinion, yes. Not only have they passed thru 2 animals but it has also stuck in the ground twice.

Are the blades bent, absolutely not. They blades slide right back into position.

I can't make an arguement for assembly because I have not taken the 2 blade apart, didn't need to. Was able to clean it after both kills with warm soapy water, an old toothbrush and a toothpick to dig out flesh and hair. Took less than minutes.

As soon as I order new blades, I'll post about assembly and disassembly.

There is nothing about the Rage broadheads that are any more gimmicky than your "titanium body with four fixed blades that cut a 1.5" hole through critters" creation. I would put the 2 blade rage (which as a full 2" cut) up against them any day.

Now I will also say this, are the Rage broadheads the best on the market? Who is to say? That's like saying Hoyt, or Mathews, or PSE, etc makes the best bow on he market. Everyone has their preferences and conforts.

I happen to like huge gaping holes cut by broadheads and the Rage does that. So for me, it is the perfect broadhead and is the best for ME.