HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So now what?
Thread: So now what?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Gruntr Huntr
Fork Horn

Default RE: So now what?

ORIGINAL: weston960

If I get a hog, how do I get it out of the woods? Bring a folding cart? Thanks.
In answer to this part of your question, I would highly recommend one of the two wheel game carts! There may be times when you can just drive right up to a hog and throw him in a truck or winch him up, but for those times when you can't,such as some properties where motorized vehicles are prohibited,one of these carts work great.
I have one I've used to haul deer out of the woods with for years and there is no doubt in my mind that the money I spent on it was some of the best money I've ever spent on hunting equipment! Probably saved myself from a heart-attack too! You see, you're not lifting the weight of the animal, all you're doing is moving the weight with wheels. It's wonderful how easy it is to move a 100+ lbs with these things.
I've loaded deer and hogs on mine, and, I've even used it to haul bags of waterfowl decoys across mudded fields and flats. You probably won't realize just how useful they are until you actually get one and try it!
Suggestions would be to get one of those with a wider wheel base so it isn't always trying to tip over on uneven ground or crossing logs. Yea, you can pull these things right over logs with little trouble.
Hope this helps and good luck.
P.S.- I'm talking about one of these carts that centers the animal over the wheels. I just checked and Cabela's has one on sale for about $100.