HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what would you do?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 09:49 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default what would you do?

my dad has a bear bruin bow in the garage he told me i could use if i wanted to get into archery hunting becasue he dont want to anymore...the bow needs a new string...sights are pretty pathetic on it compared to the nice new fiberoptic ones..the rest it just a thin piece of wire...has no cable rod thing(i have no idea what they are called i dont know much about bows..) and the stabilizer is pretty bad also so just about everything needs replaced to make the bow nice and more modern...sure i can shoot with the old parts but it would hinder my ability to become a good archer and my shooting would be pretty poor compared to if i had all the new parts..atleast i think so...what would be the better way to go? put all new parts on that bow which is old and big and heavy...or get a new package bow with everything and spend like 300 or so?? plus arrows and a release?? i dont have arrows for the bear in the garage either so id still need them...what do you think you would do?? the bow is in good shape just old and big...