HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you want to upgrade in your bowhunting / archery in 2007?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Mike from Texas
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you want to upgrade in your bowhunting / archery in 2007?

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I will be "upgrading" arrows this year. I use quotes because I'm not sure you can upgrade from an ACC, but I'll be shooting Carbon Express this year, exactly what is yet to be determined.

I also want to upgrade my tactics. I am buckless AGAIN this year (though I have 2 weekends remaining) and learned a TON this year.
I don't think that anything from Carbon Express would be an upgrade from an A/C/C. The Maximas are great arrows and I have some, but I certainly don't consider them better than an A/C/C. I guess you could say you are wanting to try a new arrow. I try out new arrows all the time and am currently trying out a set of Axis FMJs. I don't necessarily like the HIT system but there's something that intigues me about these arrows. Maybe it's the fact that my Pat Dually can spit them out at 300 fps all day long at 465 grains. That should be enough kinetic energy (and momentum calm down Arthur [8D]) don't ya think?

As for equipment upgrades, I think I'm gonna finally break down and buy an arrow saw.