HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've changed me mind about wolves!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 AM
pdoughertyMU

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

"Wow you dont have a clue do you? So I read that the wolves take 36,000 to 49,000 deer in minnesota a year thats off a tree hugging wolf lovers website so its not some hunting site making it sound worse now your going to tell me that theres that many sick weak deer out there. Whens the last time you seen a sick weak deer in the wild?

I support the eradication of all the dirty mutts in any matter shooting, running down on snowmobile, poison, burning at the stake, etc..etc.."

I personally haven't, but dnr officers here are thinking about getting in helicopters with snipers and hitting deer to keep the population down. Btw, if you read my post i didn't say anything about them taking sick animals. If you don't remember the whole cwd problem in WI, and not wanting it to come back. Plus, I was talking more about yearlings or younger is what they would take first. if a wolf passes by a yearling, a mature (but not too old) doe, or a mature buck, what is going to be its choice? The yearling. they would go for the slower animal.

(this also is seen in africa and such where predators always go for the weakest of the heard because it is the easiest to catch)

you might not have the problem that wisconsin does, and i don't even really think WI has a problem anymore, but people who study deer patterns there whole lives think there is a problem. And the deer herd is still strong now with that 69% increase or however much.

Also, The majority of wolves here are timber wolves, Not the canadian ones that you speak of