HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A quick bow setup how-to...
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 PM
muzzyman88
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

Wow, nice work from everyone. This is one the most informative post I've read in a whie concerning good tuning.

One thing that always makes me wonder, especially with the laser, is arrow spine. Wouldn't spine have to be perfect, or close to it in order for the results of the laser to be absolutely effective? I've found that regardless of how close I get initial centershot, at long distance, 50-60yds, I almost always have to make very fine adjustments to my centershot. While other factors will effect this other than arrow spine, I can't help but wonder how close the spine of the arrow matches my particular bow and draw weight.

I've always gotten it as close as I can with the naked eye. I also made a little tool, that someone on another forum was making that uses the berger button hole to getmy nock height reletive to berger hole close. Then I shoot through paper, not concerned too much with left and right tears so long as they're only very small tears, but more so with verticle tears. Then I go to walk back tuning and tune, tune, tune. I can't say its perfect, but it seems pretty darn close out to 60 yds.