HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - who is your hunting Mentor or Legend
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
elkslayer338

Default who is your hunting Mentor or Legend

My Mentors are by far my Father and Uncle. the most extrema hunters I know. just Elk alone they have taken combined some 65 plus bulls and still doing it today! My uncle is 75 and my Dad is 71 its rare that a mountain man makes it up there that long. Are Camp is at 10,000 feet and consist of a 20 man wall tent " fits about seven with gear and stove wood pile" a Koral ,big game pole, food lift in a spruce " to keep bears from getting are supplies" and so on. We do all the work no guides no hired help.Both men served in the military. My uncle was a Field Geologist during the 50's threw the 80's and has been in the most remote spots on the world doing exploration work. Some times he would be in a tent for more then three or four months at a time. " if your in the wilderness this is the guy you want with you" He is humble and a colorful, always good for a laugh and one who will never let camp down. My Father is much the same but he is a Elkoholic Bad . He is a true master on elk behavior and how to hunt them. His character is his strongest attribute His strength is unreal ,he can still dog most twenty year olds " he wont admit it". Both men together set the stage for a Honorable camp.
other hunters include
Steve Brewer, Jackson hole Wyo. Current#1 usa shooting champion andwho guided me threw my young years in the mountain.
"LIVER EATEN Johnson"Jeremiah Johnson" The real man not Robert"
Who do you look up to?
Here is my dad uncle and Steve, Just dam good Men