HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A quick bow setup how-to...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

SORRY GUYS I am going have to shed some light on this subject.

The Lazer will only work if your riser is machined perfectly square with the path of the cams and most bows are not.It seems that the Bowtecs are ,atleast from some of the info I have gathered,they are.You say to run it up with the path of the string,what if the path of the string doesn't run vertical but rather at a slight angle as many do.

The Spott hog lazer is a more accurate way to align centershot.You are able to put the lazer on the CAMS/CAM,where centershot is determined.You can also check from top to bottom cam to see if the string runs straight between them or there is cam lean that needs to be adjusted out.

String levels are also not a very accurate way to checksome single cam bows because the string runs at an angle from top to bottom.

The final equation is what is it doingAT FULL DRAW.When you add the stresswhen a bow is drawn,many will change.The most accurate adjustments need to be made at full draw.ESPECIALLY some of the short a-a bows.

MY POINT BEING,don't relySOLELY on the gadgets.Sometimes they CAN BE GREAT but other times,they are a joke.They are a STARTING POINT for SOME BOWS.

Greg/Mo this is notin anyway intended as a stab at you.It is clear that your sole intention is to help out other archers/hunters.Even you made the disclamer yourself that you are no expert.NEITHERAM I.

I do,howeverhave a friend that tunes bows for WORLD RECORD holders in the sport of archery at distances of up to90 meters.The last bow I took to him of mine was tuned by me and when he checked it on his shooting machine,he told me it was almost perfect and I don't own a lazer but he uses the Spott-hog lazer at full draw.Not trying to bost but just giving some background,this guy has forgotten more than I will ever know.