HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does anyone here believe that black bears are more dangerous than grizzly's
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Leep

Default RE: does anyone here believe that black bears are more dangerous than grizzly's

The people that stated that a black bear is more dangerous have it right on the head. I was attending pennState Univ when I was going for my Wild Loife Degree and did two papers on both Grizzlies and Black bears.
So I had to do a lot of reading and research..
It is true that a grizz can and will deliver more damage than a black bear, but if a black bear stalks and or attacks you without provacation, he does it for only one reason, he views you as a food source.
if you lie down in front of a Griz, chances are he will bat you around a little then leave. he might walkoff a ways and hide and watch you for awhile, to see if you are really dead. But if you stay quiet for awhile, they will almost always leave you and go away.
If you lie down in front of a Black Bear that is showing aggressive tendencies, he will eat you, pure and simple..and probably thank his lucky stars for the comatose meal..

Leep out: