HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Odd Group with Kimber 338, any opinions?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:53 PM
demoIL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Odd Group with Kimber 338, any opinions?

I'm right handed and shoot right handed.. Everything is tight and to proper specs..

I can count a few things out.. everything is tight and I'm not flinching..

Could it be my cheek on the stock? Parallax? Possible.
Could it be a bedding issue or a crown issue? Possible..
Ammo? Possible...
Scope internal problem? Possible..

I did shoot 210 Federal Prem. Noslers also... They grouped three shots about 1.5in. but that's all I shot of those.. Will try them again.. But that was the first three shot group I took... Will still shoot five shot groups to make sure it's consistant and Kimber says from the factory they shoot .40 in before they leave.. So I should be able to get Sub-Moa groups..

Oh and the bbl being too clean.... That's the reason you break a bbl in properly is so chances of it shooting good even with the first shot are good.. If you don't break them in right and there is fouling in the bbl then sometimes a rifle will shoot great after the first shot... Tha't what I like to get away from..

I just really appreciate everyone's input on this.. It has really given me some good ideas and a place to start looking.. Was a little frustrating cuz the same day I broke in a new Remington 700 30.06 with same mounts and scope and when I finished it was shooting half inch groups.. Then the "expensive" rifle pulls this... lol oh boy...

Anyway, the rifle will shoot and I will figure it out.. Even if it means sending it back to Kimber and letting them figure it out... lol

Will try to shoot more this weekend.....