HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scariest moment in the woods?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Red Lion

Default RE: Scariest moment in the woods?

ORIGINAL: kulboy

Age 8, the first time my dad bugled in an elk. it was a spike about 15 yards away. All i could think about was it goring me with its horns.

Age 14, chased by a moose and all I had was my bow. Found out that I could climb trees.

Age 16,taking a #2 and watching my roll of toilet paper roll down the hill.

Age 19, my dad and I got caught in a nasty windstorm. had to dodge falling trees.

Age 20,I am in a new area that I have never hunted before opening day. The sun is setting and shooting light is gone. I grab my first flashlight, dead. Grab my spare, dead. Grab my spare spare, dead. Spent the night in the woods shivering curled up in the fetal I am going to die position. Now I pack a wind up flashlight with my other 6 flashlights and I check to make sure it is there and working when I leave the rig everytime. I also pack new packages of batteries.

Age 20, later that year my dad and I got caught in another nasty windstorm.

Age 23, out deep in the woods in the cold winter. I am on my friends 4 wheeler and it is so cold that it won't start. No problem I will pull start it, what no pull start. Push starting is out of the question because of the deep snow. Walked for 11 hours in the snow and had to be hospitalized.

I love the woods and would do every one of those scenarios over again except for the no fashlight night. That one really got to me and still affects me till today.
Remind me never to go out in the woods as your hunting buddy!