HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hang ons...
Thread: hang ons...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 02:11 PM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: hang ons...

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: GregH

Is it possible to find a hang-on stand for less than $50 that doesn't creak or make noise? Are they sturdy and safe? If so, I'll have to re-think why I'm buying stands that cost three times that amount.

Sure there are.

You may need to put EXTRA straps on them.I bought a really cheap Gorilla for my daughter and got 2 motorcycle style straps and just put 1 at the top and bottom and it secures nicely.She is only 85#'s so that does make a difference but you might look at the bigger ones and they should do fine.I am not a big man either,137#'s so I could see a larger person having some difficulty finding stands that are cheap and don't creak.

I do like My Lone Wolf Alpha Hang on.I would rather have it with the climbing sticks instead of a climber.I can hang it in any tree(that diameter allows),it is quieter to hang than a climber,lighter than most and just about as quick to hang,if not quicker.It is also steardier than most and packs flat,even with the steps.The only draw back is it requires a climbing belt to hang the steps.You should use that anyway.

I have 4 of these now. Best I've ever used. I got you by about 90 lbs. These things are solid.