HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hang ons...
Thread: hang ons...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 07:20 AM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default RE: hang ons...

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

true, but I completely understand the desire to slip in quietly with no weight on your back and simply climb up in a pre-hung stand.

I would love to have about 15 more stands so I could cover every possible wind direction and have all of them already hung so I could just come and go without worrying about packing anything in or out or setting up and taking down...
There is a lot of truth to this statement. The only problem with this is having to go out and place and take down all of these stands before and after season. The only stands that we leave out year around that I feel safe that the elements and squirrels won't affect are ladder stands. They can be had for $70(we have some rivers edge action ladder stands) The only problem is I like to be up 20-25' and the ladder stands are typically 15'. Ladders are sure safe and easy to get up though and if mounted to a big tree, they blend right in and by leaving out year around the deer don't pay attention to them anyway. I sure have shot a lot of deer at 15' high in my days though.