HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Triple 7 or Pyrodex for my Encore
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 10:42 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Triple 7 or Pyrodex for my Encore

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and would like some input on BP choices.

I purchased an encore a few years ago and started shooting 2 50/50 Triple seven pellets with the 250 grain shock wave from TC.

Heres the problem. The guns is dead accurate, however I have a hell of a time trying to get a second bullet down the barrel even after running a few patches down the barrel in the field. And there is no way I can get a second bullet to seat at all if I dont run a patch down it.

I complained to TC about this for 2 years and I guess others have done the same because now they make the shock waves with lubercation.

I was also told from TC that I should not shoot triple seven from my gun because it gets a build up down where the bullet seats. The tech said I should go to pyrodex and after shooting 6 or so shots, it should clean out this build up..

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM???

You're sure not the first one to complain about this. You could try the Pyrodex Pellets and see if that helps. Or perhaps go to a different igniton system. Maybe start swabbing with a bore brush and a patch wrapped around it. The brush will take the crud ring out as well and might remove it easier. I personally do not have the problem with my rifles. Good luck with your rifle. And welcome to the forum. Its good to have you here.