HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - POINTING LAB??
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: POINTING LAB??

ORIGINAL: daleh

You AKC peoplae are still wrong
breeding for looks makes bad dogs and akc junk has always done that good
my legs are too long
please get a real pointing breed and let the big stinking dog pick up birds out the water
I bet you don't even know what started pointing labs
dale, i never saw or hunted behind a POINTING LAB..what is your opinion and have you had opportunity to hunt behind one..

of all dogs i have been around in bigwoods of pa. the lab is real nice one to be with..

they just seem to like to hunt CLOSE and if they cant see you they comeback..some dont like that,but i think its great that dog is looking for you while hunting..

i got screwed up in woods the other day..my cousins lab was with me..i was stupid to go into area that close to dark..

well, i thought, i have got to get out of this thick mess before it gets dark..i had my compass but was not feeling well..my heart was pounding bad and i was sick..

i thought,oh boy, i lost his lab,i was worried both ways..

well, i sat down and threw up..wind was howling bad,pine trees blowing,leaves etc..

i was in bad shape..you know what happened..that LAB came back to me, right to me..i never even called for him..

i then felt better and said, lets go to truck..

well, we made it out before it got real dark and that dog stayed with me every set of way..the mountains here without snow in dec are one nasty mother to be in..they all look same..

anyhow, that lab did not take me to look for him, he looked for me..

thats kind of dog i want to be with..