HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 PM
muley69

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Ok and your point was... I am Moral and fair when it comes to the Wolf, I would like to see its numbers controlled threw hunting not SSS.
That is my point. You, for one, have some sense aout you concerning this problem. You and I are on the same page. Delist them and have hunting seasons to keep their numbers in check but don't just let any one and everyone just wipe them out again.

Once again, the fact is, the wolf is here to appease environmental whackos, that's it, the only reason.
Regardless of who this is apeasing another fact remains. The only reason their numbrs are low enough to even be listed in the first place is because of the actions of humans many years ago with your same attitude toward wolves. When SSS whakos do what they do then the environmental whakos react by doing what they do and no one gets anywhere.
BB, why do you assume that a delisting and hunting season is going to keep the numbers in check? Thats a big leap. The K-Bar ranch was given carte blanche to go after a pack in the big hole area last spring and they couldn't get em. MTFWP had to come in (at tax payers expense) with a chopper and it took a week to eridicate the pack with snipers from the air. Why do you think we had to poison them before? What will this re-introduction do to long term elk movements, behavior, and breeding? I'm not advocating keeping them in check, I'm advocating eliminating them all togather.