HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:24 AM
DARKSIDE55
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

We have lots of Timber Wolves here. The packs in this area range from 10 to 50 or more in them. And this time of year they drop a lot of moose. Plus they have lured and grabbed several smaller dogs, which they killed and ate...just like the moose. I have them walking down the road, in my yard andaround my bear stands. In fact this fall there were so many wolves coming to several of my stands, that I couldn't put hunters there. I had a very bad experience back in the late 80's. A pack of 7 attacked me. And yes it was documented, so don't tell me it doesn't happen. I killed 3 of those out of necessity. I like listening to the packs call at night and I love seeing them. When they're hungry, they're going to eat. I guess it all depends on where you live as to whether you would like to see wolves eradicated. Our season use to be year round on them but the government found a way to make money so now you have to buy a special license to harvest wolves. But the trapping goes on. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I would never bait and kill wolves.....even after my experience, unless they are endangering me or my way of life.