HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deerless
Thread: Deerless
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 08:29 AM
unicornp3

Default Deerless

OK this may sound really really weird and stupid but I thought I would ask anyway. I have been hunting for years. Usually can bag between 1-4 per year, same as my husband...but this year everyone on the club is deerless. We have like a few days left of this season and we have all pretty much given up. There are plenty of acorns on the ground, food plots, and leading up to the season we were throwing out corn and salt blocks.

Now here is the really strange thing. While we have seen NO deer, NO turkeys and hardley any squirrels...(which all of this is odd) we have seen a record number sighting of armadillos. We have seen them at all times of the day, mid day, evening, afternnon, morning, does not matter. We have seen big ones and baby ones...and we have NEVER seen an armadillo on the club.

Now I am not sure about this and neither was my husband or my father, but they told me to invesitgate. Could the increase in armadillos spotting be keeping the other animals at bay. Now sure if this could be the case, it just seems really strange. Oh and we have seen1 oppossum and a Bobcat and its baby.

Thanks all