HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pendulum vs One-Pin Adjustable
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
HammytheHunter
Fork Horn

Default Pendulum vs One-Pin Adjustable

So, with a Guardian on order and just about every other accessory ordered, I have finally started to debate as to which type of sight I should go with for my new setup. I currently shoot a loud yet effective Keller Pendulum on my hunting setup. Aside the noise, which I haven't noticed too much, the sight has been great for me out to 30+ yards. I know some people are completely against Pendulums, however, all of my bow hunting is from a treestand and I've never really like the fixed pin idea.

With the new bow on order, I've been doing some research and asking questions as to which type of sights different people prefer for their hunting setups. With all the searching of the forums, I came across a lot of people that use a one-pin adjustable sight. I've been thinking about going with one of these, but am worried about having to compensate in the field at the last moment, unless I set it at say 25 and have it hit 2" high or low. I am torn between the single pin and the free swinging pendulum. The two sights I am looking at are the HHA brand single pin and the VBG Camelback Pendulum.

It ultimately comes down to personal decision, however, I wanted to ask the HNI to see what other people feel about these two types of sights. I'd almost say that I am leaning towards the pendulum given my success with my Keller, but I wanted to go ahead and get some opinions from the peanut gallery.