HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question For Oklahoma Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
MC Bowhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question For Oklahoma Hunters

They asked my dad to be on the board a couple years ago. I don't think the state did one thing that was recomended by the board for the following season. Oklahoma could have lots of big bucks running around if they would do it right. Lets face it though it's all about tag sales folks. I can't tell you how many deer I passed up this year. Have video of some real nice bucks less than 20 yards. I let them pass with hopes they survive gun season to be around next year. I drew my bow for the first time lastWednesday and shot a doe for the freezer.Special buck tags aren't going to work and point restrictions won't either. My 11 year old daughter got her first deer with a bow a couple weeks ago. It was a button buck. Are you going to penalize her for that? That won't help grow the sport for our kids. It should be a happy time for them whatever they shoot. The only way for our state to get bigger bucks is for everyone to pass up the smaller ones. I think what they should do is go to 2 bucks and give us more doe tags.

MC