HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?
Old 12-29-2006, 02:11 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Muley, I never said I like or disliked any thing about the ESA.

But the fact is if it werenot forhumans killing off different species of animals there would have never been any need for the ESA to begin with. The ESA is theonly reason there are now huntable populations of animals, like the Grizzly, numerous seal species, numerous whale species, numerous salmon speciesthat were once on the brink of extinction. Other wise the humans would have continued killing these animals until they actually did become extinct and we wouldn't have anything to complain about cause there would be no animals left.

The elk once roamed 90% of this country but now only lives in about 10% of its original range thanks to the greed of humans. It damn sure wasn't the wolf that killed off the elk. It was us. So quit bitching about the wolf, go look in the mirror and realize where the true and original problem lies.

Animal conservation goes full circle, predators and prey. They both belong and IMO would be a shame to loose any of them for ever. I have no desire to kill off the predators so that I may have all the prey to myself.

You and others with your same attitude continue to be on the extreme side of kill-em-all and there will continue to be the tree huggers that are there to protect every animal from everything. Your thought process about issues like this are exactly why we are in this situation in the first place.

Thats just the way I was brought up! To be A law abiding citizen and hunter who does not trespass or hunt out of season. Don't brake the Law Change it!
I find it fascinating how many people arethe moral and ethicspolice when it comes to deer, elk, moose, others trespassing on their property, shooting yearlings, taking long shots, etc.. etc... but mention the wolf and their true colors shine through.