HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does anyone here believe that black bears are more dangerous than grizzly's
Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 PM
muley69

Default RE: does anyone here believe that black bears are more dangerous than grizzly's

I have been between a sow and her cubs black bear, and she took off like a bat outa heck and left her cubs. I have also run into a few blackies walking down logging roads, I just yell "git" and every one took off. Once, while hunting elk in the plains area, my buddy and I spotted a huge black bear and we ambled out of the car to get a shot. He took off into the black timber and we walked over to the edge, we could hear him hissin and poppin, we decided we pushed our luck far enough and left him alone. We have both been growled at at night as well. IMO a big black bear that has been around for awhile acts a little different than a younger one. Some of the old blackies have just gotten used to being the badest thing out there and they have a little different attitude. I still would rather run into a black as opposed to a griz.