HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What was your worst hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Higgy15jh

Default RE: What was your worst hunt?

I was setting on a oil tank because my friends stand got stolen earlier that month. Well I had a doe a spike and a small buck circle in behind me and I managed to draw back. I took aim and released... low. the arrow went right below the stomach. So a few "dang its" later a group of hens walked out. I stood up drew back took aim and released... low. The arrow knicked its leg and hopped off. About 10 minuted after that a coyote came trotting out, drew back took aim and released.. LOW!!! lol at this point I had temporarily convinced myself that I quit bowhunting FOREVER. Anywho.. I got on the radio and had my buddy come pick me up on the golf cart. He has a bench on the back where I was setting with al of the gear. Well on a trail back to camp I see a mature doe standing 20 yard in the woods. I get off without sppoking it and draw back, I am about half way up its back and release. PERFECT! double lung shot. Well we drag her out dress her and quarter her and I get my bow out. Some how my sights got knocked off. Well I guess the doe redeemed my self and filled the freezer.Bad hunt with a good ending..