HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??
Old 12-23-2006, 03:36 PM
ol eagle eyes
Spike

Default RE: Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??

Holly crap these threads get big fast!

Couple of points... alot of the 'comparisons' here are done with extremes out of the scope of what most are considering. A 350gr arrow versus 800? He even said the heavier one was just to be silly - yet used that number to prove his point?!

And 50 yard performance? Ok, yeah there is a small differernce at 50 but why dont we compare the difference between 15 and 25 not 0 and 50.

I wont buy into anything based on what I have read here. I have shot heavy aluminums, now medium carbons, and will be trying super light weight carbons next year. I'll decide for myself thank ya!

And about that 'whith most bows today...' what if we dont buy new bows every year? Up till last year I hunted with an old PSE Thunderflight Express, with heavy aluminums, and 142gr Razorback 5-blades. Never got a pass throughand only lost 1 deer. My dad still is using his 20 year old Pearson Spoiler.

I agree that shot placement is #1, broadhead #2, and weight/composition of the arrow is least important.