HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??
Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 AM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Heavy arrow, more KE....light arrow, more speed..??

Dude, I never realized that you were that simple of mind. My bad. For some reason you and some others are hung up on the "speed" thing. I predict that most of the speed freaks will eventually learn the hard way, that speed is not as helpful as they think.
LMAO...... I am the one leaving out information attempting to prove a null point eh? I am not caught up in speed. I hunted at less than 300 FPS last year will a bow rated at near 330 IBO..... Man do I push that speed envelope [&:]

In your example with little Johnny, by him going to a 500 gr arrow and dropping to 260fps, he gets 75 ft-lbs of KE. Good for killing anything in North America. A 12% gain in KE with a 5.5% loss of speed.
There goes the old timers leaving out information to attempt to prove their point again.....

You didn't mention that by upping his draw weight from 60 to 70 poundsat the same time he increased his KE with his 400 grain arrow to 75 ft lb of KE ...... Isn't that ODD....... So actually he has a big fat 0 increase in KE and a 9% loss in speed. Whatever scenario you can construe the KE difference will be so small it isa nullpoint.

You seem to be the one here having a hard time understanding..... Guess they are right, you can't teach an old dog a new trick.......

Funny how soon as you are proven wrong you hit the defense mode by trying to talk down to others...... Maybe atlas was right about you????

[/align]