HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 05:17 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guns you've gotten rid of, Why you did it, and regrets.

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Most people who have been shooting for any length of time have traded or sold a gun or two. You often hear that "you'll regret it later", but is that really true? I've sold/traded more guns than most, and theres really only 2 I'd like to buy back.

Remington 522 viper: A gift that quickly got traded on a ruger 10/22
Mossberg 695: When slug gun season vanished, it did too, sold for cash
Winchester Post-64 M70 .243: I needed cash for a boat, and a buddy needed a deer rifle. He will never sell it.
Remington 870 Express: Traded on a Mossturd 935
Ruger 10/22: Traded on the same Mossturd 935
Mossturd 935: No 2-3/4, and No Stainless mag tube= traded on Ar-15
Remington 141: Needed money for a boat
Browning A5 Sweet 16: Got tired of the 16ga hassle, traded on a 12ga A5
Browning A-5 Light 12: Couldent shoot it for beans, traded on a Gold 3.5"
Springfield 1903: Traded on CZ-550
Yugo 59/66 SKS: Got tired of 'minute of capitalist accuracy', trade for cash, and more than I had in it at that.
Norinco SKS: Bought for $100,offered $150 for it shortly therafter, profit.
Remington M11 12ga Sportsman: Out of time, couldent make it cycle, Traded on some cheap scopes.
Marlin 336ADL .35rem: Burned in a fire
Marlin 336A .35rem: Bought to replace the ADl, just not the same, traded on WBY vangard.
WeatherbyVangard Weathergard 7mm Rem mag: Not accurate enough, traded on the Savage .308
Savage 11FNS .308: Innaccurate POS, traded on Winchester classic stainless

Thetwo I somewhat regret. The Browning A-5 12ga, I couldent hit squat with it, but MAN was it nice. The Remington 141, I'll probably never see one as minty again, it was the one truely 1st rate gun my father owned, but he never really hunted with it, so not to much sentiment, I will never trade his beat to hell and back slug gun.
There's not enough room on this site to list all the guns I've gotten rid of over the years, but the two I regret most:

A pre-64 M 70 Win Super Grade in .375 H&H with a Lyman Alaskan scope in a Jaeger mount and a Lymna 48 aperture with a Redfield Sourdough up front. Traded it for a Browning Grade IV BAR in .308 Win. Thought the .308 was a "more practical" caliber for the Lower 48. Made the trade on returning to Texas from a 3-year tour at Ft. Wainwright (Fairbanks) AK. BIG MISTAKE! The Browning was an inaccurate jam-o-matic!

A .308 Norma Magnum built by the firm of Paul Jaeger in PA on a 1903 Springfield action. French Walnut stock, Leupold M8 4X scope, very accurate rifle.