HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Brain Crunch...Free access feeding or timed?
Old 12-12-2002, 06:35 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brain Crunch...Free access feeding or timed?

Mike,
I use a ontime feeder and feel that it is the best feeder for its price on the market. It has a lifetime warrienty.
My batt.s last one year + without changing. I can set the anount and times to what ever I want.
If you want to get one get the one with the clock face and get extra clips for it. It is green with a funnel with a slide one it. Cant think of the model right now but will look for it. I would not get the dig. clock one the first one is cheaper and again works great.

OK, now to your ?

I think you will be better off with the feeder. We get alot of turkeys here and if I dump corn or use a gravity one they eat me out of house and corn. I have had them empty a big gravity feeder in one setting. Thats when I went to the timer.
You will get the coons,squirrels,crows,bluejays,ect... no matter what you use. Just the way it is.
I use a feeder and a food plot but I do not hunt them. I am set up on trails between them.
The good ones dont get that way from being dumb. You just have to watch them and see.
Hope it helps and really check out the ontime feeder. The co. is in Lou.
Rick

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.