HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gray Wolf Woolens
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 AM
muzzyman88
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gray Wolf Woolens

double creek, I don't have direct experience, but I do have some knowledge about this. Probably the best wool hunting clothing in the business is Sleeping Indian. My uncle has tried several wool makers, including King of the Mountain and he feels they are not even close. I had a chance to wear his SI during late gun season one year and all I can say is wow. Very warm, even with only two layers underneath. It was 15 when I went to the stand that morning.

Now, as for Grey Wolf. They use 28oz wool, same as Sleeping Indian and KOM. so its very warm. The only real difference that I know of is that SI and KOM have clothes on the spot while Grey Wolf tailor makes your stuff with every option being available to you.

What I feel it really boils down to is personal preference. Regardless of what you get, especially when it comes to high quality wool clothing, you're gonna pay through the nose for it. In my opinion, the Sleeping Indian stuff is unrivaled. Its incredible. However, the Grey Wolf stuff rocks. You'll get it in Predator camo. How cool is that?

I personally have a complete set of Wolf Skin clothing from Grey Wolf now and couldn't be happier. Jeff, the owner, is a top notch guy and will bend over backwards to help you make decisions on his clothing.