HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE QUEST IS OVER
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 08:20 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: THE QUEST IS OVER

So how in the "HECK" can anyone dryfire a bow. I've been at this stuff for over 30 years. I've pulled a lot of bows. SO..... HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN.

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck......

I was working the booth at the Congressional Shoot just outside of D.C. this summer. In attendance were Congressmen, Senators, their families, local archery experts, All the pros going to the Great Outdoor Games(it was a qualifier for them) and plenty of people like me(old and been around a few bows). So I'm handing out bows to beginning Congressmen and their families. We had set all weights and had tags on them but some fell off. I pulled about a 35 pound bow back to check weight..... WHAMO I dried fired that puppy in front of all the Gods and their people. An hour later a little wiser I put an arrow on the string of a bow, pointed it at the ground under Lens trailer and accidently tripped the release. Off the string, off the asphalt, off the bottom of the trailer a couple times, and back off the asphalt and into the trees on the other side. SLOWLY I sunk to the ground and crawled under a big rock. Stuff happens. I never saw a sign in a proshop that says you dry fire it you bought it. Until this summer I had never dried fired a bow in over 30 years of playing with them.

Edited by - davidmil on 12/11/2002 09:22:27