HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE QUEST IS OVER
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Budbowhunter

Default THE QUEST IS OVER

Let me start this story off by saying that what happened as made me sick to my stomach.
Yesterday I was out pounding the pavement looking for a job and found a pro shop in Indianola, about a hour's drive from my house. I had no money on me, no checks, and I don't use credit cards (all maxed out) I went in anyway just to see what they had. They are by far the best pro shop I've found so far. They carry the Mathews and Martins lines. The guy I talked to (Jim) was really nice and listened as a I explained myself. He measured my draw length and came up with 28" instead of the 30" I was told mine was. Hw suggested the Martin bows and was showing them to me. I didn't know anything about them. Remember I was looking at Mathews, Hoyt , or PSE. He told me the same story about Hoyt that BASSERMAN had said on my other post. He said they used to carry Hoyt, but had too many problems with customer service. Anyway, Jim tells me he shoots a Martin Phantom. There's one on the shelf so I pick it up. I have never felt a bow so light. It was like it wasn't even there. I draw it back felt really good. And them WHAM! It slipped. Accidental dry fire. Can you believe it? And of course as with any reputatble dealer there is a sign on the wall. "If you dry fire a bow, you bought it" I felt like an absolute idiot! I apologized like you wouldn't believe to Jim and to the owner. They asked me if I had money to put down on the bow. Finally I was able to assure them that I would buy the bow and left them with my name, address, phone number, and email address. The owner was real nice about it. He said he came across this problem once before and he gave the guy 60 days to pay it off. So anyway, My new bow is a Martin Phantom II. Not a bad price either $379.00. But that's just for the bow. So now I'm going to stand up and turn around so all of you can line up and take turns kicking the south side of my equator for doing such a stupid thing.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.