HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:34 AM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Well I live with them......And I have no problem with shooting them...
In fact we do have a season in B.C....In fact I've shot 2..
No question they do do damage to deer elk moose etc...
Yep they seem to "kill for the fun of it"....Kill an animal and leave the carcus behind...
However...This is where I have a problem..
Hunters who fatally wound animals do the same thing...
In fact I wouldn't be under the relm of possibilties if quite a number of thesedead animalsfound by hunters were shot/lost by hunters...
And if you tally the numbers up, around the country,you'lldefinitly find the ratio of animals/birds shot and lost by huntersfar excedes what are taken and left by wolves....
Than add up what gets chuckedout of the freezer by hunters every year..
Until we get this issue solved...Like Mandatory tag cancelations for lost game...
Its a wash.......
People can cry about the way wolves attack and kill there pery...All that pain and suffering etc...
Well..what about a gut a gut shot elk....Or a deer with its jaw blown off....Don't even get me started on waterfowl .....
You can call me what you want...However I am a hunter that doesn't like to see things overlooked.........
Heres an idea Idahoelkinstructor a bit of give and take...If youand your fellow hunterswant a wolf kill so bad,maybe suggest to whom ever it may concern that your all for manditory tagging of lostcrippledanimals and inclusion of crippled waterfowl and upland birds in the dail bag limit...
You may just get somewhere...