HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA -Customer Service
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
grayland

Default RE: CVA -Customer Service

No I didn't bother calling.I've had bad experiances with Remington,Beretta etc -you know, waiting for what seems like forever.I was just looking for a simple yes or no answer.
The problem I was having, had to do with the hammer not locking back in the "ready to fire" position with the gun together.When I'd break the gun open the hammer would "lock" no problem.I cleaned it out, but didn't find anything,no debris -nothing.
With the gun locked up I could get the hammer to "lock" but only after applying quite a bit(A LOT) of pressure.
What I wanted to know was wether or not my warranty would be voided if I knocked the pins out and took the trigger assembly out.-After looking at the pins I decided it probably wasn't a good idea(they didn't look like the ones in shotgun recievers).
Well after monkeying with it for a while(and getting madder by the minute) I decided to lock the gun up hard-well, low and behold,the hammer's locking normal again.
Don't know what, how or why but everythings back to normal and life is good again.

I was a little P.O'd after getting an automated reply.I wasn't expecting an immediate response,but this time of year and this "day n age" I would expect a company to have enough personnel to respond within a day or so to emails.Our muzzleloader season just ended as I'm sure other states are still active or just finishing up...
Oh well - All is well again and I'm ready for the late "does only" season.
I'm glad this all happened at the range and at home vs. in the deer blind.
-Gary