HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ithica Deer Slayer
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:08 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ithica Deer Slayer

ORIGINAL: ChazyKEJ

DD,

Sounds to me like you are talking about the ithaca storm model if it is factory camo. They came out 5 or so years ago. Is it a synthetic stock? If so, it is the free floated rifled barrel. They originally sold for about $450. They didn't sell really well.I think traditionalists prefer the wood stock. The forend on these models seemed to be a little sloppy, and I think that turned a lot of people off. Also, Ithaca was going with a parkerized finish on these instead of a traditional blueing, hence the "All weather Storm"Model. Most of the camo ones were called "Turkey Slayer Storm"and came with choke tubes I thought. Anyhow, If you do get it, I would recommend you first try the remington copper solids or perhaps the lightfields. The 2 3/4" shells have plenty of range, and both of these sabots shoot excellent in all our rifled slug guns. If you want an exact date of manufacture, ask the guys on the Ithaca site I posted above.

KEJ
KEJ THANK YOU ...THIS IS A PARKERIZED CAMO ON SYNTHETIC STOCK ..IS A RIFLED BARREL ...SAYS "DEERSLAYER" ON THE RECEIVER AND NOTHING REFERRING TO "STORM" BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT YOU DISCRIBED ... THE SERIAL # IS 3700XXXXXXNOT SURE WHEN IT WAS MADE ..

DD