HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .204 Rifle
Thread: .204 Rifle
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: .204 Rifle

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

I couldn't pick and choose. There is only one load for the .204 in the catalog! Yeah it's a winner alright.

Any reloader will be able to get better performance out of any cartridge. I'm comparing apples to apples, the factory tests are in SAAMI chambers with the same length barrels. Reloaders can't test for less variables than that it's an even a field as it gets when comparing two cartridges.
Again, lack of experience on your part. The 204 along along with the other newer Hornady rounds like 460Smith, handloaders has not been able to come within 100fps of thier loaded ammo. They are using alot of blends which we can't match. Yes, it used to be the case that a handlaoder could exceed in most circumstances, but there are exceptions. The factory 204 has been documented at kicking from 4200fps to 4300fps. I cannot get that with my own ammo. Listen man, I never was stupid enough to say something without actually shooting or owning these guns. You said outperform. When shooting groundhogs or prair dogs, 32gr or 39gr will easily get the job done, you are looking for flattness, and I was looking for barrel life and flattness.

I guess the only people that are able to formulate an intelligent opinion are those that have the guns in hand.That doesn't say much about your intellect does it? I guess if you haven't seen it then it can't possibly be true...
You know one can read data some and formulate an idea, not a fact, but its seems you do quite a bit of it. In fact its 90% of your posts. Others on here read and listen, and thats fine. Whensomeone gets up into African big game guns, you don't see me get on here spouting off internet crap I read. I have very little experience with them. So I keep my mouth shut. As you should too. When someone gets on the page to talk about Alaskian hunting, you don't hear me make a peep. Idon't have the experience.Somebody comes on the reloading forum and asks about bullet casting or shotshell reloading, I don't reply, cause I have very littleexperience in those areas.Experience is lives best lesson. If you don't have experience at it, keep your mouth shut. Its that easy.