HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weekend Bucks
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:40 AM
bhensley
Typical Buck

Default RE: Weekend Bucks

Last weekend I went out Saturday morning and only lasted about 2 hourssince there was a big chunk of ice on the left side of my 2 man laderstand that was in the wayand went in. I went back out about 2:00pm and the ice melted enough I could get it off. But now my seat was soaking wet[:@] So about an hour and a half I decided to call it quits. I climb down and as soon as I get to the ground a big doe runs across the drive about 40 yards in front of me into the trees. I had an idea where she was going so I walked about 25 yards or so across the field (she was in the woods to my left) and I expected her to come out infront of me. Not 5 seconds later there she is, walking just in the tree line right in front of me and I had a big tree about 10 feet in front of me so I quietly move to where the tree is between me and the doe.She never saw me, even being I was right in perfect sight in the field and she was just in the tree line about 20 feet in. Trees were far apart so this area you can see perfect through. Anyways, I get possitioned so the tree in the field is between us. I then quietly sneek up to the tree and possition my self up against the tree to shoot off of. About 3 seconds later she is in the scope. One shot from the .270 and she drops in her tracks. Big ol' doe too!

Well there is my most recent story.
Brandon