HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

In thebowhunting forumthere is a thread about the hunters killing wolves in wisconson. Its several pages long nowand I am not sure if anyone realy cares,so I am wondering/have a few question for everyone. Question #1,if you could have a say in a new wolf law, would you vote to keep them protected or some form of protection? Or would you vote to have the right to hunt them/shoot them like coyotes?Qustion #2,I want to know if you got the chance to shoot one now,(SSS style) and you knew for a fact that there is nobody around and you wouldn't get caught, would you do it? Even though its against the law?

Be honest with you feelings and please respond to this. I'll go first

Question #1. YES I would vote to hunt them.

Question #2. YES I would support SSS, for those who say I am a criminal, well think of our forfathersat the boston tea party. Need Isay more..?

One last thing I posted a reply about the WI wolves in the bowhunt form, but I feel it can apply here as well, so I just copied itword for word enjoy.

I find ironic that the hunters who come to the wolfs aid/support are the ones who don't have to live with them or they live where they can hunt them. The wolves have done damageto our elk herds here in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming and continue to do so until we stand up and do something about it.Because of them,quite the number of hunts have been shut downdue to the lack of elk,also many outfitters have been put out of business. But yet when us locals gripe aboutit and bring up a few facts that we have seen with our own eyes. We are thenlabled as game hogs and idots for being misinformed because we don't have a degree in biology. For the most partnon huntersin general don't seem to care very much as long as thereare afew elk left in yelllowstone that they can see. So weelk hunters are on the loosing end of the stick so to speak.I myself look foward to the day when we can hunt and shootwolves like coyotes. Don't know when orif it will happen but we are sure trying to get some laws changed so it will.For the last three years I have hunted closer to home here in south east Idaho where the elk hunting is not as goodin years past as central Idaho was(my home away from home I grew up hunting there).But yet there are no wolves around and the elk still act like elk. I watched my favorite area around salmon Idaho go from glory to the dumps as far as the quality of elk hunting and number of elk. In my new area I amstill am punching my elk tag too, like I do most years, but I sure wonder if wolves move into my new area where will I go hunt next? Maybe if hunters nation wide saw wolves damage there favorite hunting spot then they would think twice before jumping on the pro wolf ban wagon. Then again maybe not? After all we have forgotten or disagreed with the reason our grandfathers got rid of the wolves in the first place.