HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:39 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

No, I really believe its you tthat does'nt understand terminal ballistics!
OK, if dead is dead, everything from a heart attack to a Mack truck kills in the same way!
You can cut and paste all you want to, it doesn't change the fact that cutting, and bullets kill in totally different ways!

When it comes to blades, there is vertually no expansion! It the "cut" that causes blood loss, while the surrounding tissue is vertually undamaged. Here "sharpness" is more of the key to penetration and damage vs. bullets (and when is the last time that you "cut" yourself with a bullet?) which rely on energy and expansion to do the job!
Of course, a "field point" COULD possibly kill a deer, but I don't know of any place that a field point is legal! Small calibers are a bit more leathal than field points but, both are irresponsible in reality!

Again, my question is WHY? There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be served by using small calibers, or head/neck shots for that matter!
No record books, no recoil savings, no meat savings, NOTHING!
Sorry your still wrong, bullets kill by blood loss nothing more, shoot a deer in the ham and dont hit an artery and you wont kill squat. You have to put a hole in an artery somewhere or hit the spine or brain. I already said that a bullet kills faster because of massive hemmoraging over an arrow, but they still put a hole in the arteries. Bullets expand and leave little petals that do actually cut.

And why use a small caliber ?
Why use a bow ?
Why use a flint lock?
Why use a pistol ?
Why use a super duper magnum at 1000 yds ?
why use a crossbow ?