HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thunderhawk Help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 PM
n8dawg6

Default RE: Thunderhawk Help!!!!

mabow, what length barrel does that thunderhawk have? they made 'em in 21" and 24". i had one of the 21" carbines in stainless steel. the rifling twist was 1-38". i shot 210 g. .44 cal boolets in sabots out of it, with 90 g. of pyrodex RS. never really shot it past 50-75 yds, but with that load it was a TACKDRIVER at 50 yds. even using the open sights i had some groups where several shots would make one enlarged hole. i tried going up to 100 g. pyrodex RS, but with that little 21" barrel, the muzzle blast was getting a little onerous. also, i shot the rounds over a chronograph, and didnt see enough velocity increase to justify the increased recoil and muzzle blast. anyway, long story short, 90 g. of pyrodex rs and 210 g. .44 cal. boolets in sabots worked great in mine.

mine had kind of a spongy trigger . . . i adjusted it and it was real nice then . . . . but then it froze up during a shooting session and i ended up sending it back to the factory and they replaced it with a bold trigger (first one was a timney). sold the gun several years back, but i'm still not sure why