HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 AM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

I agree with the core statement.

But of course it can't end there can it. I for the life of me don't understand why people get so worked up about other peoples choice of weapons. What's it to them?

People, If I choose to hunt whitetail with a 22 hornet or a 338 win mag, whats it to you? You make your choice and I'll make mine. Its kind of like the 30-06/ 270 debate. If you prefer the 06 great, or if you'r a 270 fan terrific. I don't care one way or the other, I'm a 280 man myself. And NO I don't think the 06 is the most versatile weapon. That destinction is a toss up between the 280 and 7 mag for me. Nothing wrong with the 06, it just never flipped up my skirt.

FYI I would have never used a 22 hornet deer hunting until what I saw this year (not that I intend to at all, but). During the youth portion our deer season I saw a youngster shoot a doe at 75 yards with a hornet through the boiler room and the deer only ran 20 yards before it piled up. I was impressed to say the least. Now I don't think that I would want to shoot very far with it but to say 100, the hornet looks up to the task from what I seen. One thing is for sure though, in the 22 calibers the hunter has to insure that well constructed bullets are used. The highly frangible varmint bullets certainly won't do the job.