HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:45 PM
TUK101
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Hunting with anything smaller than a .243 in my state is illegal, therefore I cannot use my .223. If I could, I might but only on my own property where I know that I would have a perfect shot and am very confident in my aim. I would also more than likely shoot the deer in the head since I doubt that I would do enough damage if the shot isnt just spot on. The small calibers just dont have enough bullet mass to do proper damage on a consistant basis on medium sized game. But then again the .223 was developed as a man killer for war purposes the way that I understand it. It is a topic that I am torn on. I know that back when things where very tight for my family back in the late 50's early 60's my single shot .22 took more deer than any other gun in our family. But then again it was a means to eat...... Its all about shot placement guys, whether it be a .22LR or a 45-70 it doesnt matter, if you cannot hit the target properly it wont go down. And to Chantecler111, I think that we have always pretty much agreed on most things, there was just one particular post that we strongly disagreed upon and I ended up seeing the light and agreeing with you anyways. Most everything other than in that thread I have agreed almost whole heartedly with you about. You are the man lol.