HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do you like/dislike the 30/30? And more.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
TUK101
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you like/dislike the 30/30? And more.

ORIGINAL: Buckeye!

I think its more important to have a cartridge &bullet combothat works its best at certain Vel. the 30 WCF has had over 110 yr. to perfect there bullets for there vel..The 30-30 is a fine cartridge and is a proven meat harvester ..Theres alot of cartridges that louder ,faster and shoot futher..but in REAL WORLD hunting ,I don't think there is another cartridge that has its track record for deer hunting.
The 30WCF has been Americas deer cartridge 110yr.s and will be for 110 yr. s more.
Well maybe if my father had given me a 30WCF instead of a Marlin 30-30 I would be singing high praises for it instead. The fact of the matter is that I know my 30-30 and am confident in what I can and cannot do with it. I know that there are other cartridges out there that are better ballisticly than the 30-30, that is why I also use a .270. The thread here is simply asking what you like or dislike about the 30-30. I like it for the lever action design which is easy for me to carry and for the fact that it doesnt bruise my shoulder when I need to fire off a few rounds.