HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Changing a load from SST to Interbond?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:19 PM
NoKnees

Default RE: Changing a load from SST to Interbond?

Roskoe,
I agree that the SST has been very easy have it shoot well. The rifle in question I purchased new be a donor for a custombutI went and shot it with a thrown together load (I seated the bullets to the cannalure chose a load of 4064 that was 1 grain under max and just tried it, as I had only one morning to come up with a hunting load)and the first 5 shot group was .63 inches...so now I can't mess with the rifle. The rifle, Ruger all weather M77MKII routinely shoots under an inch.

I have also shot the same 150 SST from my 06 and its the most accurate bulletI have ever shot from it, Better than ballistic tips and Sierra BTs which where the previous accuracy winners in that rifle.

Now that I have shot 11 deer and some wet newspaper with the 150g 30 cal SSTs my quick summary is: Very accurate but a rapid expander like a ballistic tip. A good choice for a long range bullet on deer or a good general bullet from a slower cartridge. If I was going to work up a deer load 300 savage the SST would probably be the first choice. For those folks who like bang flops and don't mind not getting an exit its a good bullet to choose and its inexpensive.