HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Northeast Michigan 8 pointer.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Northernforest
Fork Horn

Default My Northeast Michigan 8 pointer.

Just thought you would like to see the photos of my North Eastern Michigan 8 pointer. I had one heck of a time bagging this BIG BOY. Day one was with my bow and he was 45 yards away 5 yards past my safe shooting distance with my bow. The next day I hunted for him out of my gun blind with the bow because he hung around their the day before for about 30 minuets before he came to me. I did not have enough arrow clearance in my gun blind and my arrow hit the window on the way out so I missed him. He was only 20 yards away. The 3rd day he came in at 10 yards and I hit him in the spine with my arrow. I stuck the arrow in him and watched him run off plowing trees. I looked for him on 2 different days and after 4 hours and 3 different people we gave up. We had no hair of blood to go on. Then I took a day off lets just said I was not too happy with myself. Then on opening day of gun season at about 9:00AM November 15th he maid his last mistake and with the gun in my hand at 40 yards I finally maid my shot count. Each time he came in he was chasing a hot doe that had a white spot on her. He was 155LBS live weight. Note he was already field dressed in the photo and was then only 130LBS.He had a 15 ¾ inch outside spread. His longest tine was 6 inches. His main beam on the left side was 16 inches and 15 ¼ inches on the right side.He is my biggest buck and with the story I have to go with him I will remember my hunt my lifetime.